We regularly advise on the competition aspects of corporate transactions, both domestic and international.
Establishing at an early stage whether a transaction requires merger control clearance (and, if it does, what the process will be) is crucial from a transaction planning perspective. We are well-placed to provide quick – and pragmatic – views on whether clearances are needed, and to secure clearances where they are.
As a leading national UK law firm, our focus is principally on UK merger control. However, our City background means we also have excellent experience assisting on a multi-jurisdictional basis. Our competition lawyers are experienced practitioners who have previously spent a considerable number of years with international law firms in London and Brussels.
Our work includes:
- Advising on the strategic considerations arising in relation to UK merger control, and representing clients in merger cases that are reviewed by the CMA
- Carrying out “multi-jurisdictional analyses” to assess whether merger clearances are required in other jurisdictions, including advising on the practical considerations relevant in deciding where to file
- Securing EU Merger Regulation clearances from the European Commission
- Coordinating local counsel across the European Union and beyond to obtain multi-jurisdictional clearances
- Advising Experian on its proposed acquisition of ClearScore
- Advising Thorntons on European Commission clearance of its acquisition by Ferrero
- Advising Fenland Laundries on its proposed acquisition of Fishers Services’ cleanroom laundry business
- Advising Lloyds Development Capital on its proposed investment in TNT Post UK, securing European Commission merger clearance
- Advising Ageas Insurance on its acquisition of Groupama UK, securing European Commission merger clearance.