Our private property team are established experts in looking after bespoke property matters for high net worth individuals whether they are buying a prime central London property, a country estate including a paddock or woodland, adding to their buy to let portfolios, restructuring ownership of their property to make them more tax efficient (including corporate structures) or perhaps buying a property for their children.
Meeting our clients’ complex needs requires proactive, specialist legal advice delivered in an effective, decisive, clear and straightforward manner. Property transactions by their nature are often emotive. Our approach recognises this at what can be stressful, pressured times to ensure we are able to work with our clients to understand and meet those needs. We recognise that we are trusted to deliver what is often a dream home.
The range of services we provide includes:
- High value property sale and purchases
- Complex unregistered sales and purchases of leasehold and freehold properties
- Deeds of rectification
- Overage provisions
- Auction sales and purchases
- Working with our wealth protection specialists to look after probate sales and property sales/purchase via a Deputy, Attorney or Executor
- Purchases via a trust mechanism
- Working with our family law specialists to look after a property transfer or sale following divorce or separation
- Equity release
Why choose Shoosmiths?
- We deliver a tailored, personalised service that combines expertise and diligence with timeliness
- Our lawyers draw on the expertise of colleagues in tax, real estate, banking, charity, property litigation, leasehold enfranchisement and lease extensions working collaboratively to ensure that any solutions proposed meet our clients’ needs
- Care and attention that is reflected in our accreditation to the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme