In-house legal services
Dedicated support for In-House Lawyers
No one will appreciate the unpredictability of your role more than you. The current level and pace of change is unprecedented. Furthermore, in house counsel roles are rarely the same in any two organisations, and the spectrum of responsibilities it covers is equally varied.
Balancing the expectations and goals of your business with the reality of the social, commercial and legal considerations is a skill which we know plays a central part in in-house counsel roles. Shoosmiths works alongside IHLs to support you in navigating the way through this complex blend of priorities.
We strongly believe that it’s not only our insight that can be valuable to you - peer to peer communication is intrinsic in helping establish IHLs. The opportunity to share information, stories and knowledge is the foundation upon which we have built our existing IHL services.
As part of the Shoosmiths IHL Network, you will:
- Communicate with other IHLs within the network. Our regular IHL events across a varied range of legal topics provide the opportunity for peer to peer networking.
- Receive regular copies of our commercial legislation tracker, Compendium. This much coveted guide to upcoming legislative changes is a key tool for many IHLs to prepare for the changes ahead, report to the board and instigate board discussions
- Discover the ways in which you can establish your own identity within the role of IHL and ensure that your development is a continually evolving area
- Collaborate not only with us, but the other panel firms you may work with in order to establish an efficient network of your advisers – improving efficiency and saving time
- Understand the services Shoosmiths can offer to streamline your legal processes and respond to the ever changing demands of your role
Legal solutions developed for IHLs
Shoosmiths' offering stands out from the crowd because it blends together the most appropriate service and solutions offerings to come up with a bespoke, cost-effective resource plan for each client.
Explore our helpful tools and dedicated resources for IHLs below:
Introducing Resource Solutions
Resource limitations is one of the biggest challenges faced by in-house teams. Shoosmiths has developed a suite of cost-effective and innovative services which compliment each other and together make up our Resource Solutions.
A Shoosmiths' collaboration, Matters+ is an innovative legal management solution designed by lawyers for lawyers to help you and your team track, analyse and manage your workload.
Matters+ provides real-time visibility of the performance, budget and value of your in-house legal team. It will help you manage internal budgets, maximise value from your external legal spend and identify trends affecting your business to help you proactively manage risk.
Compendium is Shoosmiths’ quarterly legislation tracker, designed to give our clients early insight into legal changes on the horizon, enabling them to plan ahead.
Register here to receive a copy of the next quarterly edition – it is published in March, June, September and December.
Read all the latest legal updates here.
Already a Shoosmiths client?
Contact our dedicated IHL team or speak to your usual Shoosmiths contact to make the most of the support we can offer you.
Want to know more?
To discover how Shoosmiths can support your in-house legal team, with everything from bespoke training to a demonstration of one of our products, contact our dedicated In-house lawyer team via email [email protected].