In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) we are undertaking a series of measures to:
1. protect our employees;
2. provide continuity of support to our clients; and
3. work with critical elements of our supply chain to enable us to fulfil 1 and 2
Shoosmiths senior leadership, including our Chairman, CEO, COO, business support Directors and business unit heads, are meeting virtually as and when required to consider and act upon developments regarding COVID-19.
We opened our England and Northern Ireland locations on 3 August 2020 on a COVID-19 Secure basis as part of which:
a) We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here
b) We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
c) We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
d) We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
e) Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
We confirm we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. Our COVID-19 Secure statement is here for England and here for Northern Ireland.
Examples of other action that we have undertaken include:
- ensuring our disaster recovery arrangements remain fit for purpose;
- testing our internal communications mechanisms so as to be able to react quickly and effectively with any guidance/action required by our employees;
- reaffirming risk assessment regarding travel and minimising travel generally, through increased use of conference calls, Webinar-type facilities etc; and
- postponing/cancelling events and hosting Webinars instead
As a multi-site UK law-firm with 13 locations, we are well-placed to serve our clients from alternative locations, including working from home as the need has arisen. However, with the evolving status of the coronavirus we believe it is necessary to assess our abilities to respond rapidly and in good order on an on-going basis.
Regular updates are provided to staff and they have also been directed to the UK Government website to ensure that any information they seek is accurate and up to date. We continue to communicate with Shoosmiths personnel as and when circumstances change, including through a special section of the firm’s intranet.
To help our clients we have developed a dedicated area on our website covering legal, regulatory and commercial issues associated with COVID-19. This is frequently updated with new content and details of webinars. For ease of reference, link is: Shoosmiths coronavirus hub.
If you require any assistance with coronavirus-related issues, do get in touch with your usual Shoosmiths contact or email [email protected].
Updated 4 August 2020