Shoosmiths and Property Week assembled a panel of experts from across the real estate industry to discuss the growing role local authorities are playing in fostering regeneration in partnership with private sector partners.
The panel comprised the following:
- Vaqas Farooq, Partner, Shoosmiths
- Issie Armstrong, Investment director of real assets, Aviva Investors
- Tim Atkins, Managing director for place and growth, Cheltenham Borough Council
- Phil Mayall, Regional director, Muse Developments
- Gareth Bradford, Director of housing & regeneration, West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA)
- Mitchell Labiak, Chief investigative reporter, Property Week (chair)
- How we can overcome the disparate ownership of town centres and high streets to regenerate them in a holistic way
- How we can accelerate regeneration to make sure that projects don’t end up stalling or being scrapped altogether
- How local authorities can balance their desire to regenerate town centres with ambitious zero-carbon targets
- Defining the role central government should play in funding these sorts of regeneration projects
Click here to read what that they had to say.