UK law firm Shoosmiths has been awarded the highly prestigious Investors In People Platinum accreditation, following on from becoming the first Top 50 law firm to achieve Gold status in 2011.
This elite accolade puts Shoosmiths in the top 2% of the tens of thousands of companies assessed throughout Investors in People’s history.
More than 1085 colleagues completed the survey and 48 colleagues were interviewed as part of the assessment to provide honest feedback.
Shoosmiths’ CEO Simon Boss, said: “We are all very proud of this achievement. Our colleagues’ messages communicated through the independent survey are extremely positive, and endorse the practical application of our unique culture and values set.
“Truly living our culture and values has also put us in the best possible position to meet the challenges of the public health crisis head-on. We’ve pulled together in a number of ways to benefit our people, our clients and the firm as a whole. We will build on this momentum as we carry on our journey of successful, sustained growth. Importantly, we would also like to thank all colleagues for their endorsement and collective efforts in making our firm what it is.”
Below are some of the highlights included in the official IIP report:
- “We were told your culture ‘is your heartbeat’, the measure against which you conduct yourselves with clients and colleagues in hard times as well as good.”
- “You were ready and dealt positively with lockdown and it helped agile working was in place in parts of the business. Colleagues spoke of the quick and professional approach IS took to get everyone up and running at home. Those colleagues who needed to attend their office during lockdowns had to book a desk and measures were put in place to ensure their safety. We were told Covid-19 was handled in line with your values.”
- “Our values and the 3C’s [collaboration, communication and consistency] are definitely embedded I have never worked for a company that runs on values like Shoosmiths”.
- “I love my job as every day is different and I have great and supportive colleagues and I meet some great people.”
- “If you want to take opportunities, they are there for you, and you can progress if you are driven and focussed.”
For more information on Investors in People, visit: We invest in people | Investors in People | Accreditations