National law firm Shoosmiths has announced eight new partners and legal directors in the firm's May promotions round.
They are joined by 18 new senior associates. All promotions take effect from 1 May.
In Birmingham, Anna Cartledge (real estate - planning) and Simon McArdle (commercial) have been made up to partner and Antonia Blackwell and Nichola Jenkins (both commercial) have been made up to legal directors. In London, commercial lawyer Sherif Malak has been made up to partner and in Solent Julia Ishak (commercial) has been promoted to legal director. In Manchester Lisa On-Iam (real estate) has been promoted to partner and in Nottingham, Matthew Kemp (real estate) has also been made up to legal director.
New senior associates are:
- Birmingham: Lucy Taylor, Andrew Sinclair (both private client), Nick Vernon, Priti Bansel-Branch (commercial) and Ellie Sandbach (real estate);
- Milton Keynes: Claire Checketts (corporate), Andy Pratley (commercial), Chris George, Brian West and Kirsty Chalkley (all real estate);
- Manchester: Hollie Wrigley (senior associate);
- Nottingham: Sushma Kotecha (private client);
- Solent: Sarah Fairweather (corporate) and Naomi Neville (private client) and
- Thames Valley: Sara Mardell (corporate) and Jo Sear, Claire Ball and Jen Featherstone (commercial).
Shoosmiths' chief executive, Claire Rowe, said: ''We always look forward to this time of year, where we can reward our lawyers for the contributions they make.
"Promotions serve as an ideal opportunity to recognise the expertise and commitment our people bring to the firm.
"Senior-level promotions are earned by building strong relationships with our clients and by taking on additional responsibilities. Both are integral to Shoosmiths' success.
"This latest round of promotions demonstrates the strength and depth of the people at Shoosmiths and our ongoing commitment to ensuring we have the best people to deliver the client results."
Shoosmiths LLP is a national law firm with 11 offices across the United Kingdom with more than 180 partners and 1600 lawyers and business support employees. The firm announced a turnover of £116.7m to end April 2017. A recent merger with McManus Kearney created a new
Shoosmiths office in Belfast, Northern Ireland and the firm launched in Leeds in December 2016. Shoosmiths LLP was named National Law Firm of the Year at the Legal Business Awards, 2018 and has been ranked in the top four firms for deal volume for the past four years in Experian MarketIQ's M&A Review.