Shoosmiths is committed to protecting the environment by demonstrating high standards of environmental responsibility in all of its operations and preventing or mitigating the environmental impacts associated with our activities, products and services. Continual improvement forms an important part of our approach in order that we can achieve an overall positive environmental impact as a result of the way we do business.
Shoosmiths strives to achieve balance in the three pillars of sustainability - environment, society and the economy.
Our documented approach is based on:
- Identifying and satisfying compliance obligations and demonstration of best practice;
- Identifying and managing environmental risks and opportunities;
- Understanding and management of direct and indirect environmental impacts associated with our operations, products and services;
- Focusing on pollution prevention, climate change mitigation and adaptation, responsible use of resources, waste avoidance; minimising the need for business travel and selecting products and services with reduced environmental impacts;
- Assignment at all management levels of roles with defined responsibilities and authorities for compliance related requirements;
- Provision of appropriate training and awareness programmes to help our colleagues identify, understand and minimise risks associated with their activities and therefore to identify and deliver opportunities that will achieve positive environmental outcomes;
- Measuring, monitoring, auditing and targeting improvements in our environmental performance through objective and target setting, with appropriate corrective actions undertaken;
- Engaging and partnering with our supply chain to improve performance;
- Forming allegiances with appropriate voluntary initiatives at a local, national or global level particularly those aligned with the 2030 global Sustainable Development Goals;
- Implementing, maintaining and communicating this policy across the firm and making it available to all interested stakeholders; and
- Providing regular disclosure on our progress and plans.
Date: 29 March 2018
Signed: Claire Rowe, Chief Executive