Since Shoosmiths joined the Pennies from Heaven scheme in June 2007 our colleagues have donated their salary pennies to a number of charities. Last year we decided to choose nine local charity beneficiaries rather than one national charity partner and this approach has continued into 2016/2017.
Colleagues recently selected a number of charities namely:
- Brain Tumour Research, which has a vision to find a cure for brain tumours.
- Guide Dogs , which trains dogs to help people who are blind or partially sighted.
- Milton Keynes Community Foundation, a local charity helping to resource projects that will create positive change.
- Motiv8, which supports young people throughout the community, near our Southampton office, through its community, education, employment and training services.
- Northampton Hope Centre, working to relieve poverty and tackle the causes of homelessness in Northampton by giving people a hand up not a hand out.
- Nottingham Women’s Centre, offers a safe environment for all women to come together to gain confidence, develop skills, get support and organise groups, activities and services.
- St Michael’s Hospice which is dedicated to providing care to people throughout North Hampshire who are affected by life-limiting illness.
- Scottish Association for Mental Health, Scotland’s leading mental health charity.
- SIFA Fireside, a dynamic Birmingham based charity improving health and inclusion for homeless people.
In addition to being supported by pennies from heaven these charities will benefit from the Shoosmiths annual silent auction taking place late November early December 2016