In recent months Shoosmiths has been establishing LeanIn Networks across a number of offices with new networks planned in our Milton Keynes and Manchester offices bringing the number of groups to seven.
The networks aim to inspire all individuals to reach their full potential by covering such topics as leadership, personal and career development, work life integration and health and wellbeing. The inaugural event in our Thames Valley office took place on International Women’s Day 2016 and was attended by more than 25 colleagues.
The LeanIn groups provide a forum to:
- create and foster a supportive network for employees in the firm, building relationships across offices, practice groups and job roles;
- identify opportunities for employees to develop their management and leadership skills and other areas of personal and professional development;
- increase confidence of individuals, in advancing their skills and also in developing client relationships;
- provide an informal environment to discuss topics of mutual interest and share areas of good practice in a range of areas;
- share the experience and knowledge of a variety of role models;
- provide input to firm policy and practice;
- develop initiatives in support of the advancement of women in particular to senior positions;
- feed back to LeanIn Shoosmiths Steering Committee
- Other events have involved external speakers, discussion groups and workshops on topics like: body language and confidence; managing your inner critic; mentoring; work-life balance and demonstrating competence.