Giving Tuesday on Tuesday 30 November 2021 is an annual awareness raising campaign which takes place the Tuesday following Black Friday where everyone, everywhere can do something to support the good causes that mean so much to them.
Shoosmiths is proud to be associated with Giving Tuesday and would like to thank everyone in the firm who has supported the charity sector during 2021. Our grateful appreciation is extended to everyone who has been involved in co-ordinating and supporting such activities as:
- legal advice provided on a pro bono basis to charities to assist their important work;
- volunteering at pro bono clinics operated by charities for individuals who cannot afford to pay for legal advice;
- supporting charity activities;
- trustee roles and membership of strategic advisory boards –for example, we are members of five Business in the Community Regional Leadership Boards – East and West Midlands, London, North West and the South East;
- providing free resources such as charity webinars and updates; and
- staff fundraising and firm donations for our 2021/2022 charity partners and for other causes that matter to staff personally.
For colleagues looking for ideas think about how you can volunteer for a cause that’s helped you through the pandemic, or even just supporting an organisation that has been through a tough time. This year’s #GivingTuesday is a chance to help good causes get back on their feet.