Aaron is a Partner in the corporate department's restructuring and advisory team. Aaron’s practice includes advising include banks, asset based lenders, insolvency practitioners and company directors in connection with in all aspects of corporate insolvency.
Aaron has particular expertise in the retail and financial services sectors, having advised in connection with the administrations and company voluntary arrangements of a number of well-known retailers (Monsoon Accessorise Limited, Cath Kidston, Coast, Modelzone, Supercuts, Select Fashion and Store Twenty One).
In addition, Aaron is leading the team advising the administrators of Lendy Limited, and its associated company, Saving Stream Security Holdings Limited, a major insolvency in the sphere of peer to peer lending and advised the directors of Wellesley Finance Limited, an alternative financier providing listed bond investment products to retail customers, in connection with its successful CVA. Aaron also advised the administrators of ASA Resource Group Plc a company with gold, nickel copper and diamond mining interests in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Angola and the Democratic Republic of Congo, culminating with the negotiation of a number of transactions to realise the Company’s overseas interests with an aggregate value of in excess of £27m.
Aaron has also advised in relation to the following:
- The administrations of Monsoon Accessorize Limited and Accessorize Limited and the sale of the business and assets of these companies;
- The administration of Cath Kidston Limited and the sale of its online business and brand;
- The purchase of certain of the business and assets of Coast from its administrators;
- The CVAs of Thomas Sabo, Fuel Juice Bars and Forever 21;
- The administration and subsequent sale of the business of T.M. Lewin & Sons Limited;
- The administration of Jaeger Retail Limited and the subsequent sale of its assets to Marks & Spencer;
- The CVAs of the restaurant chains Chilango, Polpo and Thai Leisure Group; and
- The CVA and subsequent administration of Monarch Aircraft Engineering Limited, a company with specific strategic importance in the aviation industry.
Aaron trained at Cobbetts, qualifying in 2007, before moving to Eversheds where he was a solicitor in the Restructuring and Insolvency Team. Aaron joined Shoosmiths in 2008 and was promoted to partner in 2017.