Aaron is an Associate Solicitor with Higher Rights of Audience in the Corporate Restructuring and Advisory team in the Shoosmiths' Birmingham office.
Aaron works with a variety of clients including insolvency practitioners, banks, asset based lenders, private companies and company directors, providing advice and support in all aspects of restructuring and insolvency relating to both contentious and non-contentious matters.
Aaron's non-contentious work includes assisting insolvency practitioners on all matters arising from their appointment whether that be as administrator or liquidator. Aaron has also assisted in advising both buyers and sellers in business and asset sales out of administration (including pre-pack administrations), reviewing appointment and security documentation and subsequent enforcement.
Aaron's contentious work includes advising on retention of title claims, directors duties claims and antecedent transactions. Aaron also prepares and advises on court applications in insolvency related matters.
Notable recent experience includes:
- assisting with the administrations of Monsoon Accessorize Limited and Accessorize Limited and the sale of the business and assets of these companies.
- advising the administrators on the sale of the heritage British clothing brand, Jaeger Retail Limited to multinational retailer, Marks & Spencer.
- assisting with the administration of Cath Kidston Limited and the sale of its online business and brand.
- assisting the administrators of Bensons for Beds with the pre-pack sale to Alteri Investors.
- assisting in relation to the administration of UK Window Group Limited and the sale of its business and assets.
- work in the peer to peer lending market having been part of a team advising the administrators of Lendy Limited (and its associated company Saving Stream Security Holdings Limited) and on the CVA of Wellesley Finance plc.
Aaron holds a first class law degree from De Montfort University and has previously completed the academic requirements to train as a barrister. Aaron was called to the Bar by The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple in 2015 after receiving a major benefactors' scholarship from the Inn in 2014 to enable him to complete the Bar Professional Training Course.
Aaron joined Shoosmiths as a paralegal in 2015 before completing the LPC LLM to distinction grade at the University of Law in 2018, receiving the highest mark in his year for Business Law and Practice. Aaron completed his training contract at Shoosmiths and joined the team on qualification in September 2018.