Alexandra (Ali) is a finance and banking lawyer specialising in a range of debt finance work, including secured and unsecured, bilateral and syndicated lending both on a national and international level. She acts on behalf of either banks or borrowers (either corporate or private equity).
Ali's experience includes acquisition finance, telecoms finance, project finance, debt restructuring as well as leveraged and investment grade corporate lending transactions.
She has worked on a wide variety of transactions including:
- advising a South African mobile phone operator on its USD275,000,000 facilities from Chinese and South African lending institutions;
- advising an Indonesian mobile service provider on its USD40,000,000 facilities from an international investment management firm;
- advising a private equity house on various of its acquisition and unitranche facilities in connection with its separate purchases of a German payment institution, a French business intelligence company and an English insurance brokers;
- advising HSBC Bank plc in relation to over 20 banking facilities relating to its European Corporate Banking Centre;
- advising Bankmed SAL on over USD230,000,000 of term, payment and performance bond facilities in connection with the project finance of a powership.
Ali trained at Norton Rose Fulbright LLP and was a partner there for fourteen years before joining Shoosmiths in 2018.