Alex is a Senior Associate in the Corporate Occupiers Real Estate team, joining from Eversheds as an Associate in 2015.
Alex has a breadth of experience in all aspects of real estate, including:
- landlord and tenant
- freehold sales and disposals
- strategic portfolio acquisitions and disposals
- investment sales and purchases
- transfers of going concern
- licensed premises
- corporate support
- working in-house / setting up secondment functions at clients' offices
Alex acts predominantly for tenants, but occasionally landlords, in High Street, office, industrial and retail parks and shopping centre locations.
Alex's main client include Whistles, Hobbs, Phase Eight, Sk:n, Waterstones,, Mercedes-Benz, Euro Garages, Mountain Warehouse, Iron Mountain, Accident Exchange, Topps Tiles.
Recent highlights include:
- Setting up an in-house secondment function at one of her retail clients and spending 6 months acting as their sole in-house property legal advisor.
- Acting on a highly successful 3 year ‘pop-up shop’ program in premium locations around the UK including in Selfridges in the Bullring, Westfield and intu shopping centres including Trafford Centre, Milton Keynes and Lakeside.
- Acting for modern British fine dining restaurant on their relocation to larger restaurant and bar premises in Birmingham City Centre.
- Acting on a lease acquisition on Harley Street and refurbishment and renewal at Canary Wharf.
- Conducting a review of a national retailer’s entire portfolio consisting of over 600 properties and reporting on aspects of their leases in line with their specific requirements
- Assisting with the acquisition of 250 stores and integrating the estate into a core portfolio.
- Relocation of a main distribution centre.
- Acting on a sale and leaseback of a warehouse and head office premises.