Anastasia is a partner in the technology, media and commercial team of Shoosmiths LLP, member of the firm’s Sports Group, Automotive Group and Joint Head of the Privacy Data & Cyber Group. Her data protection experience ecompasses all aspects of data protection compliance, with particular focus on complex marketing strategies, supply chain management and rapid response on breach and security issues. Anastasia has deep sector expertise in automotive, motorsport and retail/leisure.
Anastasia's broad experience of private practice and general counsel in house roles, gives her a refreshing "both sides of the fence" perspective that enables her to cut through to commercial realities. Having sat on the Executive Committee Board for an F1 Team, she has an acute understanding of the importance of delivering pragmatic, solution driven and commercially sensible advice.
In addition to advising on complex data protection issues, she has a full hinterland of non-contentious and contentious experience including: intellectual property; complex commercial agreements; corporate transactions; digital media; commercial/corporate strategy (domestic and international); specialist sporting litigation; brand and reputation management; advertising and marketing strategies (often in conjunction with major sporting events); confidential information; licensing; sponsorship; endorsements; driver contracts; motorsport regulatory advice; R&D and collaboration agreements; technical partnerships; complex data protection issues; compliance/audit; and litigation. She initiates and conducts proceedings before the High Court, OHIM, FIA International Court of Appeal, UK Trade Mark Office and Nominet and works with UK Customs authorities with regard seizures of counterfeit goods. She often works on cross border transactions for clients.
Anastasia has particular expertise in the automotive and motosport sector, supporting many of their business departments. She works with a number of leading automotive manufacturers and has spent time on secondment at Red Bull F1 race team, whcih alongside her General Counsel role at Manor F1 team has given her a great insight into the dynamics of a team and business operating within a competitive sporting environment.
Recent examples of work include:
- Working with Audi UK and Audi AG with regard ground breaking new project for the car sales market
- Advising leading global German car manufacturer (VW Group) on its UK IP, branding, technology and digital media, commercial and data protection matters and IP disputes. Providing strategic advice and solutions in relation to technical and legal issues arising as VWG strives to push the boundaries with new technology and enance the customer journey experience
- Advising leading premier league football team in relation to confiential project
- Advising Mercedes UK, Honda UK and Suzuki in relation to Commerical, IP and DP matters
- Working on complex High Court and Court of Appeal patent litigation and breach of contract matter on behalf of H&M (Stretchline Intellectual Properties Ltd v H&M Hennes & Mauritz UK Ltd ) [Stretchline Intellectual Properties Ltdv H&M Hennes & Mauritz UK Ltd  EWCA Civ 516 (22 May 2015)]
- Advising British Amercian Tobacco in relation to various global commercial projects
- Advising in relation to various global commercial and multi-supplier projects
- Acting for and advising various retailers, including H&M, The White Company, Dixons Carphone, Henkel, Thorntons, LK Bennett, GAME, IKEA, Ann Summers in relation to sponsorship, licensing, advertising, counterfeit matters and general commercial/data protection matters
- Appeal by Infiniti Red Bull Racing against the decision N°56 dated 16 March 2014 of the FIA Stewards of the 2014 Australian Grand Prix counting towards the 2014 FIA Formula One World Championship. Appeal before the International Court of Appeal  (ICA-2014-01) (the “Fuelgate Litigation”)
- Advising Henkel (and its associated brands, including Right Guard and Schwarzkopf) with regard TV rights clearances, music clearance, vlogger/blogger contracts, music licences/permissions for broadcast
- Acting for Global fast food restaurant chain (McDonald's) with regard UK intellectual property matters, including online and social media issues and reputational strategy
- Acting for leading global cereal brand in relation to multi billion pound bid to acquire United Biscuits
- Lead UK Counsel co-ordinating the securitisation of all IP of a borrower's European portfolio in relation to various major re-financing deals (value in excess of $1bn)
- Red Bull GmbH v Sun Mark Limited et al (High Court) (Red Bull GmBH v Sun Mark Limited and another  EWHC 1929 (Ch), 17 July 2012.)
- Co-ordinated worldwide IP due diligence and strategic advice on behalf of last round bidder regarding its multi billion dollar bid
- Acting for global motorcycle brand in relation to a serious breach of confidential information, which included an injunction claim against a well known motorcycle publication; obtaining immediate removal of online infringement and achieving successful outcome for client
- Advising hi-tech engineering company with regard potential large scale commercial dispute. Successful outcome for client
- Advising a wide range of international and domestic clients active in the field of automotive, motorsport, manufacturing, retail, food and drink, technology, fashion, and media. Anastasia has an enviable list of clients who regard her as the “go to” person
Anastasia contributed a chapter to the book "Landmark IP Decisions of the European Court of Justice" (2008-2013).
Anastasia undertook her training contract with Hewitsons and qualified as a solicitor in 2000. Having subsequently worked at US law firm Dorsey & Whitney (London) (2001-2008) she moved to join the technology, media and commercial team at Shoosmiths in January 2009.