Andy is a Senior Associate based in Shoosmiths' Leeds office.
Andy specialises in both contentious and non-contentious employment law and has experience of acting in the public, private and charitable sectors. Andy is also a trustee for Leeds Mind and is one of the leading experts in managing mental health issues in both the context of the workplace and for sports teams.
Andy's recent experience includes:
- defending tribunal litigation, including actions by multiple claimants and high value discrimination claims;
- acting for employers in striking out claims at the pre-hearing review stage; and
- negotiating settlement and COT3 agreements;
- advising clients on all statutory and contractual employment rights, including holiday pay, family-friendly rights, duties of employees, restrictive covenants, confidentiality and data protections (including the provision of training to the relevant members of management);
- advising on small and large scale redundancies (including collective consultation exercises);
- drafting and negotiating service and consultancy agreements for senior employees/workers;
- drafting agreements for casual workers and zero hours contracts;
- advising on the termination of senior executives;
- advising companies on the threat of industrial action and the methods to prevent it;
- presenting training sessions to HR professionals, line managers and in house counsel; and
- delivering "talking with teammates" training sessions with a mental health focus to sports teams;
- advising on employment due diligence issues in corporate, property and insolvency transactions;
- drafting, advising on and negotiating the wording of employment clauses in transaction documents for multi-million pound/acquisitions/investments; and
- advising clients on public and private sector procurement contracts.