I am a senior corporate lawyer, and joined Shoosmiths in 2017 from a global firm. As a member of Shoosmiths’ private equity group, the focus of my practice is delivering advice on private-equity sponsored buyouts and sales processes. I am also an experienced private M&A practitioner, with notable sector expertise in tech, retail, asset-manager M&A, and indirect real estate (both offshore and domestic).
Recent work includes:
- acting for a US-based real estate investment fund on its £110m acquisition of a large portfolio of onshore asset-holding vehicles;
- the merger of two of Europe's most prominent on-demand laundry operators effected via a complex cashless consideration structure, and a subsequent equity fundraising;
- acting for a national, US fund-backed care home operator in their £148 million acquisition of a competitor;
- advising the sellers (including BGF) and management team on the sale and reinvestment streams relating to the secondary buyout of Solid Solutions Management Limited by LDC;
- the secondary buyout of FFX Group Limited, acting for the sellers (including Foresight) on the sale to H2 and rollover and for management in their rollover;
- acting in the sale of, and rollover relating to, the August Equity-backed secondary buyout of Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging Limited; and
- acting for a global management consultancy firm in its acquisition of a Polish LLC and LP (for an undisclosed sum).