Anita joined Shoosmiths in June 2017 as an Senior Associate and heads up the family in Manchester
Anita has almost 20 years’ experience in all aspects of family law, mainly complex and high value financial matters alongside difficult children cases.
As a trained collaborative lawyer and member of Resolution she is committed to promoting alternatives to court proceedings to resolve relationship disputes thereby providing clients with greater choice of procedure to resolve the issues they face.
Anita is a resolution accredited specialist with Resolution in Advanced Financial Provision and Domestic Abuse.
Anita is passionate about achieving healthy and sustainable outcomes for her clients and is well known for her problem solving skills. She is renowned for her ability to devise solutions to what are often complex family disputes.
Areas on which Anita and the team regularly advise include:
- Divorce – fair financial provision
- Dissolution of civil partnerships and nullity proceedings
- Financial provision in all those circumstances and after overseas divorce
- Variation or set aside of existing financial orders.
- Cohabitation rights
- Separation Agreements
- Pre and post-nuptial agreements
- Applications for permission to resettle overseas with children
- Child relocation disputes
- Adoption, disputes about care or education of children
- Applications for parental rights
- Child residence and contact disputes
- International child abduction.
- third party rights as interveners in financial remedy proceedings.