Anna is a banking lawyer with over 15 years’ experience acting in the Yorkshire and national market. She leads our banking and finance team in Leeds and brings expertise across a number of specialisms including leveraged finance, asset based lending, venture debt and general corporate finance. Her clients include lenders (ranging from banks, private equity, debt funds and US venture lenders) and a growing number of local, national and international corporates.
She has worked on a wide variety of transactions. Recent examples include:
- advising a syndicate of 6 banks in relation to a £250,000,000 working capital and acquisition facility provided to a local plc;
- advising a leading bank in relation to its £60 million syndicated asset based lending facility to a multijurisdictional pharmaceutical company;
- acting for private equity houses on various acquisition and unitranche facilities in connection with separate purchases of a Northern Irish door manufacturer, an ISO certification and compliance business and a market leading veterinary MRI designer and manufacturer;
- working closely with a leading US based venture debt provider including its provision of a £20m growth and working capital loan facility to an international student loans provider and a £25m growth capital facility to a UK music technology company; and
- advising a number of banks and borrowers on over 5 transactions under the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loans Scheme during 2020.
Anna trained, qualified and worked at DLA Piper UK LLP for 17 years before joining Shoosmiths in February 2021. She is a recommended finance partner in the most recent version of Chambers and Partners and a next generation partner in Legal 500.