Ben has over 20 years’ experience of corporate transactional and advisory work, specialising in M&A (buy-side and sell-side); PE transactions; restructurings; and fundraisings with a particular focus on Germany, the Nordics and the USA. He is regarded as an excellent contributor at board level and praised by clients for his hands-on approach to delivering complex transactions smoothly and within budget. He has particular expertise in technology, retail, manufacturing, real estate and transport and advises large corporates (including several PE-backed corporates), high growth businesses and entrepreneurs across these and other sectors.
Recent highlights include:
- advising German industrials group, Titgemeyer GmbH, on its acquisition of manufacturing business Cirteq;
- advising AIM listed transport solutions operator, Rotala plc, on an acquisition and associated placing;
- advising Border Holdings on a strategic acquisition in the UK;
- advising Midlands based PE houses, GPE Capital Partners and GIL Investments, on a series of acquisitions, investments and divestments;
- various professional services business including;
- acting for the shareholders of Valpak Holdings Limited on its sale to Reconomy.
Ben heads the Corporate team in the Midlands and is responsible for the management and strategy of our teams in both Birmingham and Nottingham.
Ben joined Shoosmiths as a partner in 2013, having previously been a partner at boutique corporate practice Hill Hofstetter (formerly part of Reed Smith). He is praised by clients as someone who “gets things done” and who builds “strong relationships with clients”.