Benjamin is a highly skilled technical corporate lawyer working as part of the corporate team at Shoosmiths (Manchester) on a high volume of excellent quality corporate transactions. He advises private companies, investors, owner-managed businesses and management teams on acquisitions and disposals, restructuring and re-organisations, joint ventures, shareholders' agreements, investments and private equity.
Benjamin joined Shoosmiths in May 2014, was swiftly promoted to Associate then Senior Associate and was shortlisted as a finalist for Young Lawyer of the Year at the North West Young Professionals Awards 2017.
Legal 500 219 Client Testimonial "Benjamin Dredge is down to earth, provides solid advice and is a consummate professional"
Transaction experience includes:
- advising on both series B and series C fundraises for leading cloud-based software developer, Matillion. The funding rounds saw a total of $60 million in funding from three Silicon Valley investors (Battery Ventures, Sapphire Ventures and Scale Venture Partners) alongside existing Series A investors YFM Equity Partners;
- advising the sellers of Sandcastle Care, a North-West based child care business in their sale to Manchester based private equity firm Waterland Private Equity;
- acting for Groupama S.A. in its sale of Carole Nash Insurance Consultants Limited and Mastercover Insurance Services Limited to Ardonagh Group (UK insurance giant previously known as Towergate) together with Cheshire head quartered Bollington Insurance Brokers to private equity firm Inflexion’s newly created Bollington Wilson Group with a combined deal value of more than £80 million;
- acting for the sellers in the sale to wealth manager Arlington Investors of Athena Hall (Jersey) Limited, a Jersey registered company holding a large scale student property joint venture business at the University of Suffolk in Ipswich. The joint venture was between Watkin Jones plc (AIM:WJG), a leading UK developer and constructor of multi occupancy property assets and Apache Capital Partners, a private real estate investment management firm;
- acts for Daresbury-based research and development specialists, Arcis Biotechnology through various rounds of investments from both existing shareholders and new investors;
- North West Dealmakers Awards Deal of the Year: Concept Life Sciences (Deloitte/Shoosmiths) advising Scientific Analysis Laboratories (SAL) and Resource and Environmental Consultants (REC) shareholders on their sale to new Manchester-based scientific laboratory and consultancy business Concept Life Sciences in a deal worth $100m;
- acting for US consumer credit provider Snap Finance on its establishing of a UK operation through an MBO and subsequent staggered debt and equity investment; and
- advising, managing and executing 30+ acquisitions for Chase Templeton (including high profile acquisition targets such as Atlas Consulting Group, Avanti Healthcare and Consilium Employee Benefits) the Lancashire based private medical insurance broker is backed by Palatine Private Equity and has been on an aggressive buy and build strategy.