Based out of Shoosmiths Birmingham office, Bhavesh is a real estate partner and Head of Social Housing, focusing on development, regeneration and social housing projects. Bhavesh acts for many of the major national housebuilders, land owners and registered providers. He advises on acquisitions, development and disposals, promotion agreements, strategic options, complex conditional contracts, collaboration agreements and all aspects of affordable housing to include asset management, regulatory and funding work.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising a major Plc house builder on the acquisition of over 700 units of a complex mixed use site with a GDV of £200 million.
- Advising a promoter on 160 acres of land to be promoted for planning for mixed use development.
- Advising a major Plc house builder on an acquisition of a strategic site from a number of land owners for £20 million.
- Advising a registered provider on the acquisition of 7 sites subject to planning of mixed tenure affordable plots.
- Advising a registered provider on a joint venture with a major Plc house builder for a mixed use development.
Bhavesh joined Shoosmiths in 2015, he is known in his field as “technically smart, pro-active, personable, who adds value and provides clear, strategic and commercial advice”.