Bob is a specialist planning lawyer with over 25 years’ experience. He has also held senior positions in local government including the post of City Solicitor and Monitoring Officer at Leeds City Council. He specialises in large scale regeneration and infrastructure projects including the use of compulsory purchase (CPO) powers.
Recent experience includes:-
- Acting for the 5 partner local authorities to provide development management, policy and CPO advice in connection with the Harlow and Gilston Garden Town Project to deliver c 23,000 dwellings over a 30-year period.
- Acting for York City Council on CPO and planning issues associated with the delivery of the York Outer Ring Road (YORR).
- Acting for Leeds City Council on the promotion of development plan documents including the Aire Valley Area Action Plan.
- Acting for Herefordshire Council on the successful adoption of their Gypsy and Traveller Development Plan Document.
- Acting for Cheshire East Council on planning and CPO issues relating to the promotion of two major highway schemes (Middlewich Eastern Bypass and A500)
Before joining Shoosmiths in 2021 Bob was a Partner at Weightmans LLP. He is a visiting lecturer at Leeds Beckett University and a Legal Associate of the RTPI. He also writes on planning issues including a regular column on legal issues for the Town and Country Planning Association.