Catherine is a Partner in the real estate team. She advises on a broad range of real estate transactions for privately owned development companies/entrepreneurs to PLCs and household names and has particular experience acting for all stakeholders in commercial development schemes.
Catherine's experience includes advising:
- Frontier Estates Limited on their acquisitions and disposals of care home sites. Catherine deals with the acquisition, pre-let, Forward Funding and Development Financing of properties for Frontier. Catherine led on the Project Spirit portfolio deal delivering four care homes to Baycroft (the Tenant) and the Aviva Lime Fund (the Fund) at a value of c£74m.
- BSH Home Appliances on the letting of a 1m square foot warehouse in Corby acquired on a forwarded funded basis by Big Box REIT. This was the largest "shed" deal of 2018.
- on complex mixed use development transactions for developers and corporate occupiers.
- well-known Hotel companies in their acquisition of turnkey development sites through conditional development agreements.
- Mercedes-Benz on across their property portfolio matters.
Catherine joined Shoosmiths in 2015 having trained and worked at Addleshaw Goddard LLP for 13 years. Prior to joining us Catherine also consulted for Fladgate LLP.