Experienced and innovative attorney with a passion and dedication to justice specialising in construction and engineering law.
Highly organized and skilled in public speaking.
Bringing forth a proven track record of achieving favourable outcomes for clients.
Adept in preparing for trials, reviewing documents, and effectively presenting cases.
A strong leader who works well under pressure and understands the complexities of the legal system.
I have previously executed, and am able to execute, the following duties and activities:
- Performed adequate research to ensure a deep understanding of cases.
- Performed legal research and drafted legal memoranda on relevant legal issues.
- Drafted legal reviews of contract documents and specifications for various construction and engineering projects.
- Drafted and negotiated construction documents for various construction and engineering projects.
- Represented clients to resolve construction claims such as defaults, termination, delays, programming, scheduling, payment issues, payment and performance bond claims and other disputes through negotiation, mediation, adjudication and arbitration.
- Engaged in both front-end and back-end litigation on various construction and engineering projects.
- Investigated claims and supervised forensic investigators, engineers and other experts in the development of facts and opinions.
- Managed discovery and production of documents.
- Mediated and settled cases.
- Drafted heads of argument, pleadings, settlement agreements and adjudication referrals.
- Prepared witness statements.
- Prepared various legal documents and communications without error and in a timely manner.
- Advised clients regarding applicable law to ensure effective risk management.
- Collaborated with clients to structure strategies in order to meet business objectives.
- Analysed laws in relation to the situation of a client.
- Worked to build and foster trusting relationships with clients.
- Worked well independently and on a team to solve problems.
- Served as a friendly, hardworking, and punctual employee.
- Effectively managed projects from start to finish.
- Maintained positivity and poise, even in stressful situations.
- Maintained timely communications with clients and business partners.
- Led teams with resourcefulness and strong leadership skills.
- Performed various administrative duties such as filing, typing, and copying.
- Operated with a willingness to embrace chance and adapt strategies accordingly.
- Organized and prioritised work to complete assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Scheduled daily tasks based on immediacy and importance.