Charlotte is an experienced employment lawyer who advises and provides support to HR teams and In-House Lawyers. She provides commercial and strategic advice on all areas of human resources and employment law from dealing with day to day disciplinary, grievance and performance issues to advising on large scale restructure and redundancy programs.
Having worked in private practice and in-house, Charlotte understands the pressures and challenges faced by both local, national and international businesses in today's climate; providing advice to enhance and develop the client's business.
Examples of work handled by Charlotte include:
- advising a large airline on a multiple tribunal claim relating to crew’s rights to holiday pay under the Civil Aviation (Working Time) Regulations;
- advising a European pharmaceutical company on the effects of TUPE and assisting the client with the legal and practical steps of setting itself up as an employer in the UK;
- advising a company in the healthcare industry on pursuing a High Court injunction to prevent an employee from breaching their restrictive covenants;
- conducting an equal pay audit for a large rental car company, advising on the effects of the audit and how to mitigate any liabilities;
- advising a large retail client in relation to a complex whistleblowing and disability discrimination Tribunal claim;
- advising a large travel company in relation to the re-sourcing of various support functions and the outsourcing of other support functions overseas;
- advising clients across different industries in relation to claims brought against them in the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeal Tribunal and representing clients in Employment Tribunal hearings.
Charlotte also advises senior executives/employees in relation to issues that have arisen during/at the end of their employment and she advises on the terms of settlement agreements.
Charlotte regularly writes and delivers training courses and workshops on a variety of topics for managers, HR professionals and in-house lawyers.
Charlotte trained and qualified with Shoosmithsin 2006. She undertook a secondment in 2008/09 during which she worked for a global energy company and a further secondment in 2018 during which she worked for the UK division of a global pharmacy led health and beauty company.