Daniel is a Principal Associate within Shoosmiths' Commercial team based in Birmingham.
Daniel forms part of Shoosmiths' financial services team specialising in consumer finance, motor dealer funding, Financial Conduct Authority regulation and authorisation and small to medium ticket asset finance. Having been a Paralegal with the firm for five years within the same area before undertaking his training contract, Daniel has developed a wealth of experience in providing commercial advice for clients.
Daniel also specialises in advertising copy approval in both financial and non-financial advertising across all media types and he heads up our financial promotion review service which is based in our Birmingham office. In 2013, Daniel was named Credit Today's Rising Star for the United Kingdom as part of which the judges remarked on his excellent work in credit advertising.
Daniel has also presented at industry events and trade bodies in relation to financial promotions compliance including providing a recent update session to the members of the Financial and Leasing Association.
Examples of Daniel's work include:
- advising a major new market entrant in the retail and wholesale motor finance market including drafting bespoke regulated credit documentation and statutory notices;
- advising Santander Consumer (UK) plc in relation to it providing wholesale funding facilities to Yamaha dealerships including the exiting of the outgoing lender;
- reviewing lending documentation and producing new documentation and structures for a British Government backed consumer credit lending scheme;
- advising Santander Consumer (UK) plc and Hyundai Capital UK Limited in relation to credit advertising compliance across all media types; and
- advising a major UK car manufacturer on CAP and BCAP compliance and providing a review and approval solution for all UK advertising.
Daniel trained and qualified with the firm in September 2013.