Dan advises clients on a wide range of commercial matters including supply and purchase terms, distribution agreements, outsourcing agreements, IT software agreements, reseller arrangements and legal compliance matters.
He is praised by clients for his pro-active approach to progressing deals, understanding clients’ business objectives and providing clear, concise legal advice.
Regional Director, International Outsourced Service Provider:
“Dan was seconded to our legal team during COVID, which was a challenging time for any food service business. During the last 12 months, he has worked in tandem with the team, keeping us on track with his professionalism and understanding of the complexities of the business. His pragmatic and approachable style has been welcomed by the entire Operations team.”
He regularly advises clients in a broad range of sectors including logistics, technology, sports, media, transport and renewable energy. Recent project experience includes advising:
- A local authority on its £58.9m purchase of two hybrid solar farms with battery storage, and subsequent management and sale arrangements;
- An outsourced service provider on its £50m food and consumable UK distribution agreement;
- A national development bank on the outsourcing of its loan administration IT system;
- A Championship football club in relation to its lead shirt sponsorship deal, including advising on club, player and coach promotional inventory;
- Various high-profile professional athletes on their image rights, sponsorship and endorsement agreements;
- A sports therapy device retailer on its licensing arrangements with the British Olympic Association;
- An international IT service provider on its suite of supply agreements in respect of its telehealth messaging platform;
- An IT start-up on various data protection compliance matters relating to its ticketing platform which utilizes facial recognition technology; and
- A software developer on all contractual documentation relating to the release of its flagship managed services product.
Outside of large project work, Dan works closely with several of our clients’ in-house legal teams to assist with their day-to-day commercial contracting arrangements. This work typically involves negotiating contracts based on standard terms, understanding the business’ risk profile and providing strategic commercial advice.
Dan recently returned from his secondment to a Fortune 500 international outsourced service provider, during which he supported their UK onshore and global offshore operations. This support included assisting stakeholders across the business by restructuring commercial agreements to mitigate against the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.