Daniel is a partner in Shoosmiths’ Real Estate team and has over 20 years’ experience in the Real Estate sector.
He acts for developers, funders, investors and operators on a wide range of real estate transactions with particular focus on those within the Living sector, where he has lengthy experience in purpose built student accommodation schemes as well as mixed use schemes, build to rent and co-living developments.
Daniel also regularly advises investors on their acquisition programmes and has experience in a variety of asset classes including office and industrial, whilst also working on new development projects with his clients.
His recent experience includes:
- Acting for an overseas fund on their acquisition programme of £200m worth of UK regional office investments, financing arrangements and the ongoing asset management of these portfolios;
- Acting for investors in national affordable housing stock with over £50m of assets over the last 12 months;
- Working with a regional student accommodation operator on their existing portfolio management and funding requirements as well as advising on their development pipeline of PBSA and BTR schemes;
- Acting for overseas investors on the development, financing and disposal of a mixed use city centre scheme including apartment sales, commercial lettings, investment sales and ground rent disposals; and
- Acting for major banks on the funding of nationwide student accommodation schemes for both development projects and fully operational properties.
Daniel joined Shoosmiths in June 2021 having previously spent 7 years as a partner at TLT. He previously worked in the national real estate team at Osborne Clarke for 9 years.