David is a Partner in Shoosmith’s London corporate group.
He is a versatile, solution oriented lawyer who covers the full range of corporate activity, from M&A in both the public and private markets, through to equity capital markets transactions and investments for private equity funds and family offices.
David regularly acts for clients ranging from large multinationals and institutions through to companies in the mid-market and private funds. Much of the work which David undertakes is cross-border in nature and involves complex international structures.
Recent work highlights:
- Advising an AIM listed energy company on the disposal of key assets to a competitor.
- Advising a family office on its acquisition of a controlling stake in an African medical diagnostics business.
- Advising a FTSE listed telecoms company on its takeover by way of scheme of arrangement by a Chinese competitor.
- Advising a family office on the disposal of a corporate structure holding a portfolio of high-value commercial real estate assets.
- Advising an investment fund on the acquisition of a privately held domestic energy supplier and related assets.
- Advising a CIS-region financial institution on the acquisition of a significant minority stake in a London listed oil exploration company.
All transactions undertaken at David’s previous firm.
Prior to joining Shoosmiths in December 2018, David previously practiced at Hogan Lovells LLP.
Prior to his time with Hogan Lovells, David worked with Macfarlanes LLP and Linklaters LLP, where he was a member of the corporate team(s) from 2011 to 2014 and 2003 to 2011 (including training contract), respectively.