David is a real estate specialist with wide-ranging experience in all fields of real estate law but with a particular focus on large scale projects. David acts for national and international clients across the real estate spectrum including corporate clients, investors, retailers, joint ventures and funds.
David’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for a new UK fund on the acquisition management and disposal of a mixed use residential and commercial portfolio
- Leading the Shoosmiths team on all legal support relating to a major high profile shopping centre located in the south east of England (acting for a US/European fund)
- Acting for a US fund on the acquisition funding, management and disposal of their property holdings in the UK including: a large complex distribution centre located in the south of the UK; a mixed use portfolio of 26 properties and estates across the UK (including some Scottish sites); the management of a business Park in Cardiff
- acting for a Premier League Football team on the acquisition of a new stadium.
- Leading the Shoosmiths team supporting and working collaboratively with major US law firms to support their clients on UK legal matters
David has been a partner at Shoosmiths since 2000, having joined the firm from Freshfields (where he trained and qualified).
David served the maximum permitted two terms as an elected member of the firm's partnership council (Shoosmiths strategic management body) from 2009 to 2015 , has served on the firm's national real estate executive board and leads the conferences for the national real estate group. David is ranked as a leading individual in his field in Chambers UK directory.