Ellie has experience of advising employers and trustees of occupational pension and life assurance schemes on all aspects of pensions law.
Ellie's experience includes:
- drafting consolidated trust deeds and rules and other scheme documentation;
- advising on the closure of pension schemes to future accrual, including associated final salary link issues;
- advising on the winding-up of a pension scheme;
- advising on employer debts, including apportionment of debt under a flexible apportionment arrangement;
- advising on the de-risking of occupational pension schemes, including buy-ins, buy-outs and incentive exercises;
- advising on pensions issues in relation to corporate transactions;
- advising on pensions disputes under the scheme IDRP and with the Pensions Ombudsman; and
- providing training to trustee boards on current legal issues.
Ellie qualified in March 2016 and joined the Shoosmiths' pensions team in April 2019.