Emily specialises in residential development and advises developers, house builders, registered providers and land owners on all aspects of property development.
Emily’s experience covers a wide range of development, leasing and investment projects, including development agreements; development leases; development licences; joint venture arrangements; conditional and unconditional sale agreements; golden brick agreements; back-to-back contracts; lock out agreements; option agreements; overage agreements; utilities agreements; asset management and site set-ups.
Emily's recent work includes:
* Advising a major Plc house builder on the complex mixed use development of a Homes England site to comprise c.750 residential dwellings and commercial areas, which is to be delivered over various phases, with a development value of c £205million.
* Advising a major Plc house builder on a wide range of joint venture arrangements involving different parties, lenders and complex documentation.
* Advising a major Plc house builder on an acquisition of a strategic site from a number of land owners.
* Advising a major Plc house builder on a joint venture with a registered provider for a mixed use development.
* Advising a major Plc house builder on a complex mixed tenure regeneration of a country park as part of a three way working relationship with a gross development value of £25 million.
Emily joined Shoosmiths in 2015 as a solicitor. Prior to this, Emily worked as an in-house solicitor for a major Plc house builder.