Emily is a Senior Associate in the national Real Estate team. She deals with all aspects of non-contentious commercial property work and has particular experience in advising clients in the education, financing, transport and investment sectors.
Emily's experience includes:
- Advising Hitachi Rail Limited on the property aspects of the £4.5bn Intercity Express Programme and on the acquisition of its manufacturing depot at Newton Aycliffe;
- Managing a cross-office national project enabling a major public sector client to renew 300 of its leases;
- Acting as the lead client contact for the property portfolio management of a major US insurer;
- Providing ongoing property advice for McKay Securities PLC, with a particular specialism in landlord and tenant work;
- Working with the national corporate team in acquisitions and disposals, especially for clients within the education sector;
- Acting for NATs;
- Providing ongoing advice to the Defence Infrastructure Organisation in respect of its property interests; and
- Managing a project for a major telecommunications retailer to franchise 87 of its stores.
In 2016, Emily competed a six month secondment at the Bishopsgate office of the Royal Bank of Scotland Plc. During this time, Emily provided in-house advice on general banking matters, finance agreements, and sales, purchases and sub-participations in the secondary loans market.
Emily has a 2:1 honours degree in History from the University of Nottingham and obtained a distinction in the Legal Practice Course. She qualified as a solicitor in 2008 and joined Shoosmiths in 2011. She was promoted to the position of Associate in 2014 and to Senior Associate in 2019.