Emma is a real estate lawyer with extensive experience of acting for landlords, tenants, investors, banks and other funding institutions. Emma advises most of the large clearing banks and a number of challenger banks and is particularly experienced in acting on lending projects with large portfolios of property, working closely with the Banking and Finance team.
She also has a broad range of experience in the energy sector and in the field of compulsory purchase, advising clients in relation to the real estate aspects of the promotion of CPOs and DCOs and negotiating settlement agreements.
Her recent experience includes advising:
- A four bank syndicate in relation to the provision of a £185m development and investment facility to Bruntwood SciTech.
- RBS on a £20m development facility to for a build to rent scheme in Liverpool.
- A high street bank on a £60m investment facility in connection with the refinance of eight assets.
- OakNorth bank in relation to a £12m development facility for a residential scheme in Manchester.
- A shale glass exploration company in relation to its land acquisition strategy.
Emma joined Shoosmiths in may 2020 following 17 years in the real estate team at Squire Patton Boggs.