Emma is a planning solicitor with experience acting for developers, landowners, local authorities and lenders. Emma has a depth of experience in preparing and managing planning appeals (particularly at inquiry) along with applications for judicial review and section 288 challenges in the High Court and Court of Appeal. Emma expertise also includes drafting and negotiating section 106 agreements, section 278 agreements, section 38 agreements and infrastructure agreements.
Emma’s experience includes:
Advising and assisting on s.78 appeals (written representations, hearings and inquiries), judicial review and statutory challenges through the High Court and Court of Appeal for:
- A parish council in relation to a claim for judicial review and subsequent appeal to the Court of Appeal;
- Hinton Properties Limited in s.288 statutory challenge;
- Robert Hitchins Limited intervening in a claim for judicial review;
- IM Properties Development Limited through a s.78 planning appeal and subsequent s.288 challenge in the High Court;
- House builders; and
- Housing associations.
Advising, negotiating and drafting a s.106 agreement along with the associated s.104, s.278 and s.38 agreements for:
- Bloor Homes Limited for a development for up to 460 dwellings with associated infrastructure;
- Bellway Homes Limited for a development for a mixed use scheme comprising of 354 dwellings and associated infrastructure;
- Bellway Homes Limited for a development for a mixed use scheme comprising of 75 dwellings and associated infrastructure at appeal;
- Gallagher Estates Limited for a development for a mixed use scheme comprising of up to 210 dwellings and associated infrastructure;
- National house builders, developers and registered providers;
- Local planning authorities; and
Emma qualified into the team in March 2018 having previously been a paralegal and trainee solicitor in the planning team.