Fiona is a Partner in Shoosmiths' Commercial Group and specialises in advising clients across all sectors on business critical commercial contracts (purchasing, production, infrastructure and logistics) as well as large scale BPO outsourcings, regularly with a cross border aspect. Fiona advises on all aspects of supply chain arrangements for goods (including manufacturing, FMCG, beverage and online food order) and services and other route to market arrangements including agency and in particular recently on supply chain disruption and other impacts of brexit, covid and the war in Ukraine.
Fiona is also lead for Hexagon®, a Shoosmiths8 product which guides GCs and in house lawyers on how to identify and resolve key legal operation issues, eliminate wasted time and achieve optimal team structure and process through to effective deployment. Utilising leading technology and real data, Hexagon® offers a clear route map to legal operational excellence.
Recent experience includes:
- post transactional advice to a large FMCG business negotiating operationally complex long term services and supply arrangements (including warehousing and logistics);
- supporting a well-known pizza restaurant chain on significant commercial aspects of a global brand acquisition transaction;
- drafting and negotiating a bespoke services arrangement (co-dependent on a related real estate transaction) for a high end health club operator securing £8m funding contribution from the landlord to build a new state of the art health club with a multi-million pound lease value;
- negotiation of a complex framework global Master Services Agreement and related Local Services Agreements governing all services provided by a blue chip consumer credit reporting agency data to a key customer on a global basis;
- negotiating a £19m long term framework purchasing agreement with a leading US automotive Tier 2 manufacturer with complex KPI’s and cost down mechanisms;
- advising on a Strategic Endorsement Partnership between a professional regulatory body and a finance house;
- advising Virgin Care on a multi- million pound PbR contract with Burton Hospital Foundation Trust in respect of provision of acute services as part of the commissioned East Staffordshire Improving Lives contract; and
- advising on a multi-million pound contract with an unusual risk profile and lengthy liability provisions with the European Space Agency in relation to supply of a bespoke product used in rocket launching applications for the Arianne space project.
Fiona trained in London and Brussels and spent several years working in London for global law firms on cross border commercial matters.