Fraser leads Shoosmiths' Planning and Environment team in Scotland.
He has extensive experience advising on all planning matters, including the provision of strategic advice, the negotiation of planning agreements, planning appeals, and legal challenges to the Court of Session. Fraser also advises on issues in connection with compulsory purchase, roads, sewers, and contaminated land.
Fraser has advised clients across all industry sectors including house-building, retail, investment, and energy. His indicative experience includes:-
- Advising national house-builders in connection with the negotiation of planning agreements across the Central Belt of Scotland;
- Advising a REIT in connection with the negotiation of planning agreements, the operation of planning obligations, and planning appeals across their portfolio of shopping parks in Scotland;
- Advising renewable energy operators in connection with the negotiation of planning and community benefit agreements, restoration bonds, the discharge of planning conditions, and repowering in relation to wind farms across Scotland;
- Advising the Friends of Scolpaig in relation to the proposed spaceport in North Uist;
- Advising on compulsory purchase procedure and compensation in connection with government-led infrastructure projects;
Fraser joined Shoosmiths in 2019 from Shepherd and Wedderburn, where he trained.