Fraser leads Shoosmiths' Planning and Environment team in Scotland.
He has extensive experience advising on all planning matters, including the provision of strategic advice, the negotiation of planning agreements, planning appeals and legal challenges to the Court of Session. Fraser also advises on issues in connection with compulsory purchase, roads, sewers and contaminated land.
Fraser has advised clients across all industry sectors including house-building, retail, investment, and energy. His indicative experience includes:
* acting for Intelligent Land Investments in connection with the Section 36 Consent for the proposed 450 MW Red John Pumped Storage Hydro Scheme;
* advising national house-builders, including Bellway Homes and Balfour Beatty Homes, on planning matters on their sites throughout central Scotland;
* advising land promoters in connection with the planning aspects of strategic land acquisition;
* advising on the successful challenge to the South Lanarkshire Local Development Plan 2021, resulting in its partial quashing;
* raising and defending legal challenges in the Court of Session; and
* advising the City of Edinburgh Council as part of an independent review of the planning service.