Georgina works in the corporate department advising on all areas of corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, corporate restructuring and corporate governance.
Georgina works with a variety of clients including private companies, LLPs, venture capital investors, management teams and owner managed businesses. Recent project experience includes advising:
- Octopus Investments' Ventures team on multiple VCT/EIS investments, mainly into high growth technology businesses and on its exit from Tails.com to Nestlé;
- Oxford Nanoimaging Limited on its two stage £20m investment round;
- Hotel La Tour on the disposal of its iconic Birmingham hotel;
- London & Regional Properties on hotel acquisitions (The Lygon Arms Hotel, Broadway and Holiday Inn Express, Portsmouth) and disposals (Radisson, Cardiff);
- Mercedes Benz UK on its circa £120m disposal of used car sites across the Midlands and North-West England and of a body shop centre in the South-East;
- Aramark on its acquisition of a 50% shareholding in a joint venture with Carillion and on its acquisition of the entire share capital of a facilities management provider;
- The shareholders of GBR Phoenix Beard on the sale of their shares to Savills;
- The shareholders of Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging on an MBO backed by August Equity;
- The shareholders of RSM Leisure Limited on the sale of their shares to a hotel investment fund; and
- Various groups on internal restructures including Aramark, Marston’s Plc and Vehicle Trading Group.
Georgina completed her training contract at a London based niche costs litigation firm and was seconded to Thomas Eggar (now part of Irwin Mitchell) for part of her training contract. Georgina joined Harrison Clark Rickerbys on qualification, before joining Shoosmiths in 2014.