Gillian is a Senior Associate in the Real Estate team who specialises in residential and commercial property development, site assembly and telecommunications property law, and heads up our transactional property telecommunications team predominantly dealing with infrastructure providers and portfolio site providers.
Her recent experience includes acting for:
- National housebuilders in acquiring various development sites for residential development by way of suspensively conditional contracts, some sites involving extensive formal collaboration agreements with other housebuilders and detailed escrow/retention provisions, and dealing with site set up including bespoke Deeds of Conditions. Also acting in onwards transfers of affordable housing to housing associations (including golden brick transfers).
- Housing association in acquiring development sites, some at golden brick stage, and putting in place mid market rent leasing structures.
- Golf club in complex overage agreement exit and bespoke contract for disposal of land holdings to national housebuilder.
- Developer in entering into an acquisition agreement in respect of a site with existing industrial/retail uses (car garage and other) to redevelop for use as a hotel and care home, including dealing with exclusivity agreement and various suspensive conditions and advising on proposed onwards sales to care home developer and hotel.
- Major hotel operator in reviewing their management agreement with a telecommunications infrastructure provider in light of the new Electronic Communications Code and advising on implications.
- Major telecommunications infrastructure provider in reviewing style telecommunications mast site leases in light of the new Electronic Communications Code.
- Owner occupier in the installation by an infrastructure provider of an extensive Distributed Antenna System capable of supporting 5G.
- A large supermarket operator in developing new stores and extending existing stores, including development agreements, leases and lease variations and associated documentation.
- A large mobile telecommunications operator in relation to all Scottish property aspects of mast sites, including site acquisition and disposal, site share and site management, numerous special projects, leading time constrained site audits and providing bespoke advice on complexities relative to existing sites and related documentation.
- Acting for wind farm developer in a complex project to enable construction of a radar mitigation solution in connection with the development of a wind farm, including advice on bespoke contract provisions and lease structure, negotiation of the bespoke head lease and sub-lease, and providing Certificate of Title to a fund.
Gillian joined Shoosmiths in 2017 from Shepherd and Wedderburn where she trained.