Harriet is a company secretarial manager experienced in company secretarial, governance and statutory compliance duties.
Harriet’s focus is to assist clients to ensure their companies comply with the relevant legislation and to help them become knowledgeable of the potential risks such as financial and reputational loss associated with non-compliance of governance and compliance obligations.
Key technical skills possessed by Harriet include:
- providing statutory compliance services to a wide range of companies including the preparation and filing of confirmation statements, PSC registers, directors and secretaries’ appointments and resignations
- registrations in relation to the satisfaction of charges and changes of accounting reference date
- incorporating private companies limited by shares, LLPs and companies limited by guarantee
- preparing relevant documentation to strike off companies
- preparing and filing dormant accounts and audit exemption paperwork
- preparing documentation to declare and approve interim and final dividends
- stock transfers and arranging for the applicable stamp duty payments with HMRC
- dealing with company secretarial and governance matters in relation to AGM planning, preparation, attendance and board minutes; and
- organising and attending regular board meetings.
Harriet is a registered member of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) - The Governance Institute. She gained her full ACIS status in 2017 after qualifying in 2014. Harriet has worked in financial services, accountancy and professional service firms. She joined Shoosmiths in October 2018.