Hayley is a Principal Associate in the London office of the Shoosmiths Corporate Restructuring and Advisory team.
Hayley advises on both contentious and non-contentious restructuring and insolvency matters and has extensive experience in contentious insolvency matters, acting for office holders, banks and other creditors on a broad range of matters relating to administration, administrative receivership, provisional liquidation, liquidation and a range of cross-border issues.
Hayley’s contentious matters include:
- advising the administrators of LBHI2 (a Lehman group company) in relation to a directions application in relation to the ranking of circa $8.3bn of subordinated debt;
- advising a group of opposing creditors who successfully challenged a proposed scheme of arrangement issued by Sunbird Business Services Limited in relation to $15m of debt;
- advising the administrators of the Castlebeck care home group (which previously ran the Winterbourne View care home);
- advising the administrators on the administration and liquidation of the UK subsidiaries of the Swiss Petroplus group;
- advising syndicates of banks in relation to potential international enforcement options against the failed Dubai based private equity fund Abaaj as well as (on a separate matter) the Saudi-based Algosaibi-business, Ahmad Hamad Algosaibi & Brothers Company; and
- advising Canadian lessors in relation to the administration of the English airline, Flybe
Hayley's non contentious experience includes:
- advising a syndicate of banks on contingency planning in relation to a restructuring of a substantial PP/PFI road infrastructure project in the UK