Íofa is a Senior Associate in the Commercial team focusing on Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT) projects. She regularly advises both IT providers and customers on a wide range of commercial matters, including IT and telecommunications agreements, supply of goods and services agreements, SAAS and cloud services contracts.
Íofa recently completed a secondment to a Fortune 500 multi-brand technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organisations in the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. Íofa gained invaluable in-house experience negotiating cloud solutions contracts, software and hardware reselling and IT managed services from the perspective of the IT provider.
Íofa has completed a number of key client secondments across numerous sectors including working for a mobile network operator (MNO), global IT company, and secondments with global car manufacturers.
Notable recent experience includes advising:
- advising a Fortune 500 IT provider on a IT outsourcing project with an global NGO which involved taking over the NGOs entire IT function within a reduced timescale;
- advising a Fortune 500 IT provider on delivery of a UK based cloud solution for an international bank;
- regularly advising a Fortune 500 IT Provider on its contracts for providing Managed IT Services, Software licensing and reselling, IT Professional Services, IT Hardware Infrastructure sales, Cloud Solutions, Data and Network Management;
- drafting a mobile network operator (MNO) template for use with wholesale partners;
- providing support on due diligence exercise during MNO acquisition;
- drafting updates to standard B2B enterprise and SMB terms and conditions for an MNO;
- drafting collaboration agreements for a retail bank and serviced office provider;
- drafting and advising on a complex supply of goods and distribution services agreement for a global car manufacturer; and
- reviewing and advising a FTSE 100 multi-national company on client relationship management software licence.
Íofa is ITIL certified, the leading global best business practice for IT Service Management.
Before joining Shoosmiths Íofa spent five years working in the public sector as a Procurement Category Manager focusing particularly on IT procurement. Íofa has also obtained a Diploma in Procurement and Supply from the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
Íofa studied Politics and Public Administration at the University of Limerick in Ireland and completed her Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course at the College of Law, London.