James is a real estate lawyer with wide experience of acting for, landlords, tenants, pension funds, property companies and financial institutions. He has extensive experience of all aspects of commercial property and, in particular, investment transactions. James’ experience includes sales, purchases and asset management of multi-let offices, retail parks and industrial estates. James also advises on real estate aspects of corporate and finance transactions.
His recent project experience includes advising:
- a real estate investment company on the acquisition of prime London office and residential premises for £10.25 million with a view to converting to extending and converting to sole residential use;
- a multinational corporation on all matters connected with the management of their UK real estate portfolio, including a mixture of new lease acquisitions in retail parks and outlets as well as new concept stores in a range of high profile locations;
- a high profile British retail and commercial bank on the property aspects of a £15.9 million loan in respect of a shopping centre purchase;
- a pension fund on the sale of West End offices premises to an international investment company for £15.75 million; and
- on the property aspects of a disposal by a human resource consulting firm of a wholly owned subsidiary to a national logistics company for £5 million.
James joined Shoosmiths in 2016 from Charles Russell Speechlys.