James is an Associate within the Real Estate practice group with over 4 years' experience acting for clients in respect of their real estate transactions.
James represents a number of household name national clients, assisting them on a variety of real estate matters including landlord and tenant transactions (acting for both landlords and occupiers), acquisitions and disposals and offers other, miscellaneous real estate management support. Specifically, this includes:
- assisting on a number of huge, team-wide projects, most recently a £40million portfolio acquisition for a property investment client and a nationwide renewal of over 300 leases for a national retail client;
- acting for numerous investment landlords in respect of their asset management portfolios;
- acting for a variety of retail clients in relation to their leasehold management portfolio, including lease renewals and various licences and miscellaneous deeds for a number of household names;
- advising on and negotiating the terms of advertisement agreements for a national storage company;
- the preparation of a wide variety of transactional documents for both disposals and acquisitions; and
- investigating and subsequently reporting to clients on a wide variety of title issues and document terms.
James joined Shoosmiths' Real Estate team in August 2019 after working for a number of years for a commercial firm in Leicester.