Janet is the Head of Financial Services in the Manchester office. She has 30 years' experience of working in the financial services sector, having spent 16 years as an in house lawyer and company secretary for large finance companies such as De Lage Landen leasing and GE Capital, before joining DWF in 2004. Janet joined Shoosmiths in 2015.
She specialises in all aspects of asset finance and financial services regulatory work - the latter encompassing the regulatory regimes for all of consumer credit, mortgage lending and introducing, and insurance mediation.
Recent work has included:
- advising an equipment leasing company on the launch of a product for mobile phone handset leasing with a major high street retailer including all of drafting the point of sale documentation, drafting and negotiating the contract between the leasing company and the retailer, and acting on the funding arrangements relating to the project;
- assisting a new entrant to the motor finance sector to launch, including drafting and advising on the regulated credit agreement and ancillary documentation and drafting funder/car retailer agreements;
- assisting a funder in the divorce lending sector to launch a consumer credit "Regulated" product and a Regulated Mortgage Contract product, including drafting and advising on both credit agreements and ancillary documentation for both products, and drafting funder/solicitor agreements;
- advising lenders regarding FCA rule breaches and appropriate actions to take; and
- assisting a leasing company to re-negotiate its funding position with a major lender.