John is a senior associate in the Edinburgh real estate team with wide experience of acting for property investors, developers, landlords and tenants. He has substantial acquisition and disposal expertise He is easy to deal with and is known for providing pragmatic and commercially aware solutions. John’s can-do attitude gets deals done quickly and efficiently.
His recent experience includes:
- completing number of investment acquisitions for large UK property investment group
- advising Roomzzz as they took a lease of the aparthotel at the Edinburgh St James Centre
- advising a property company in the acquisition of a development site in Glasgow for student accommodation and a large retail unit
- heading up the first registration project for Scottish Fire and Rescue Service which required the registration of all their property interests in the Land Register of Scotland (300+ properties)
- advising a number of national occupiers with their occupation requirements including new lettings, purchases and portfolio management.
John joined Shoosmiths' real estate practice in 2014.