John is an Associate in the Litigation Services team and works closely with a range of clients, advising on a wide variety of contentious commercial matters including international arbitrations, Commercial Court and Chancery Court proceedings.
John qualified as a solicitor at Shoosmiths in 2018 having trained with the firm and has recently completed an eight month secondment with The Royal Bank of Scotland’s Litigation & Investigations team.
Before pursuing a legal career, John studied Philosophy and Politics at Cambridge, qualified as a teacher and subsequently worked as a lobbyist running communications campaigns for a variety of residential and commercial developments in the south of England.
Notable recent experience includes:
- advising on a $500 million corporate dispute relating to the ownership of a large games developer;
- managing a €1 million claim issued in Spain regarding the historical assignment and sale of debts;
- advising on a £5 million insurance dispute about utilisation of funds held at Lloyds of London;
- acting in Commercial Court proceedings in a dispute involving the provision of services internationally;
- advising on English law aspects of insurance proceedings taking place in the US; and
- representing the claimant in a Commercial Court claim regarding defects in industrial machinery.