Judy is a real estate lawyer with wide experience of acting for investors, developers, landlords, banks and funding institutions.
She has wide experience of investment, development and asset management work and also leads our Real Estate Finance team in the north working closely with the Banking and Finance team.
She regularly advises institutional and other business client by getting involved with them from initial appraisal through to completion and offers proactive solution driven advice to them and their wider teams.
Her recent project experience includes advising:
- Allied London on all property aspects of the portfolio of properties at Spinningfields and St Johns in Manchester and Leeds Dock with notable recent deals including the sale of No.1 Spinningfields, the deal with Aviva at St Johns and the sale of high profile trophy assets at Spinningfields Estate;
- on a £42 million student development disposal in Leicester;
- on a 290 bedroom student build to rent scheme in Birmingham;
- a range of leading UK Banks on development funding and refinancing of various high value sites across the Yorkshire region and nationally; and
- on a range of acquisitions, disposals and property management deals for a national investor client.
Judy joined Shoosmiths' real estate practice in February 2017. She was previously a partner at Ward Hadaway’s Leeds office and before that a partner at Addleshaw Goddard in Leeds.